Available at Bury St Edmunds Leisure Centre only
With Elaine Wright
Massage is one of the simplest ways to attain a feeling of well being it has a profound effect on a person’s health in that it improves circulation, aids digestion and speeds up the eliminations of toxins, Headaches, insomnia, tension stress and aching muscles can all be relieved through a good massage. Treatment can be varied to suit individual needs either light slow soothing strokes or deep muscle stimulation depending on the condition. Massage should never be too painful or uncomfortable and should leave you feeling calm and relaxed.
Massage has many beneficial effects and is known to help in the following ways:
• Relief from stress, anxiety & tension
• Feelings of deep relaxation
• Improve mood
• Reduces insomnia
• Increases joint mobility
• Relieves headaches
• Improves circulation
• A general sense of wellbeing
• And has many more benefits
Sports Massage is usually a deeper massage that concentrates on injury prevention & the promotion of recovery following exercise. Sports massage is designed to assist athletes in their sport or fitness activities by:
• Relieving muscle tension and pain
• Stretching soft tissue
• Improving the flexibility of muscle
• Improving the formation of scar tissue
• Releases spasm
• Reducing swelling
• Reduces discomfort from DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness) as a result of vigorous exercise
• Aids removal of ascetic acid & carbon dioxide
Physiological effects of massage
• Increase blood & lymph flow
• Increases the supply of oxygen & nutrients to soft tissue
• Stimulates nervous system
• Performance enhancement
• Promotes recovery & prevents overuse
• Restores mobility
• Helps prevent injury
Treatments can be aimed at specific problem areas, clearing knots, tension and scar tissue. It is used for maintenance and prevention in sports as well as to relieve everyday aches and pains.
How much does it cost?
Price £28 an hour £18 half hour, gift vouchers also available
On your first visit an hours consultation is required, with an extra uncharged 15 minutes.
Please note: a cancellation charge may be made if 24 hours notice is not given.
How to book
To make a booking or enquiry contact Elaine Wright on 07754 773559
When is it?
Sports & Swedish massage is available at various times at Bury St Edmunds Leisure Centre.