‘Empowering & equipping young people for the world of work’
The Make your Move programme worked with 16- 25 year olds who were looking to gain employment to develop their employability skills, and chances of securing employment. Although there are currently no courses operating you can see some of the programmes achievements below: 6 courses operated across Bury St Edmunds, Haverhill and Mildenhall
• 75 young people engaged with
• 39 young people started the course
• 26 young people completed the course as job ready
• 9 young people are now in employment or further training Case studies will be available shortly
About the course
Make your Move is a work ready programme that combines physical activity and job skills helping young people on their way to employment.
• Free programme
• Opportunities to apply for jobs and apprenticeships at Abbeycroft Leisure, with the support and advice of Abbeycroft Leisure staff
• Opportunities to gain qualifications to make you more employable in the leisure industry, such as NPLQ (National Pool Life Guard Qualification) and First aid at Work
• All programmes are either 2 weeks (express courses) or 6 weeks long, both include 12 skills sessions and either 6 or 12 physical activity sessions
• Programmes run in Haverhill, Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds and Mildenhall
Make your Move was funded with an award from the LEP Prize Challenge.
Employment skills were delivered by West Suffolk College.