‘Empowering & equipping young people for the world of work’
Increase your chances of gaining employment with Make your Move
Make your Move is run by Abbeycroft Leisure, and seeks to develop job skills, as well as increasing physical activity levels by taking part in various activity and team building sessions. This gives participants the opportunity to try new activities, learn about themselves, challenge themselves and succeed. Participants will be empowered to make positive changes, aiming to give each participant the skills to gain employment.
The physical activity will include team building, confidence development, and communication exercises. Other physical activity sessions will vary from site to site but are likely to include: Gym based sessions, walking, fitness classes, and sports such as badminton & dodgeball.
About the course
Make your Move is a work ready programme that combines physical activity and job skills helping young people on their way to employment.
Free programme for 16 – 25 year olds not in employment, education or training
Cover 12 employability skills and develop your understanding, experience and skills
Opportunities to apply for local jobs and apprenticeships, with support and advice
Take part in regular physical activity sessions and access opportunities to continue being active
All programmes are 4 weeks long, with 12 skills sessions and physical activity sessions
Programmes will be running in Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Lowestoft, Felixstowe, Stowmarket, and Sudbury from late 2017 and 2018
- Course starts on Monday 22nd Januray 2018
- Brackenbury Sports Centre
- Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for four weeks, 1-4pm
- Course starts on Tuesday 27th February 2018
- Kingfisher Leisure Centre
- Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday for four weeks, 2-5pm
- Course starts Tuesday 20th March 2018
- Newmarket Leisure Centre
- Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for four weeks. 12:30pm - 3:30pm
Bury St Edmunds
- Course starts Tuesday 17th April 2018
- Bury St Edmunds Leisure Centre
- Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for four weeks, 12:30pm - 3:30pm
Date and location of Stowmarket course to be announced
Date and location of Lowestoft course to be announced
Interested in joining the programme? Sign up now using the form below
Once you have referred yourself, or been referred using the short form below, one of our Make your Move programme coordinators will be in touch to arrange an informal interview. This will help with your participation in the Make your Move Programme and gives the chance to ask any questions you may have. Once you have had this interview you will be given any necessary joining information for Make your Move.
Keep up to date by liking the Make Your Move Facebook page here.
To make enquiries about Make your Move, its impact, and future courses please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Make your Move programme worked with 16- 25 year olds who were looking to gain employment to develop their employability skills, and chances of securing employment. Previous programme achievements can be seen below:
- 6 courses operated across Bury St Edmunds, Haverhill and Mildenhall
- 75 young people engaged with
- 39 young people started the course
- 26 young people completed the course as job ready
- 17 young people are now in employment or further training
Make your Move courses are being delivered in partnership with:
and with funding, from Public Health, Suffolk County Council.